RCM Residual Current Monitoring System
A fault current monitoring system for applications where special reliability is required from the power supply. Trafox Superintend® RCM continuously monitors the electric system’s fault current level and reacts immediately to a fault current surge.
With the fault current monitoring system, the fault current surge can be noticed before a safety device is triggered. This is beneficial especially in applications in which an unexpected interruption in power supply will result in high expenses. The alert limit ands.
Trafox Superintend® RCM product family includes fault current monitoring devices with 1, 8, 16, 32 or 64 measurement points (channels). Multi-channel devices also record the minimum and these can be remotely accessed with a web browser from any location.
The benefits of the Trafox Superintend® RCM monitoring system:
- Better fire and personal safety due to continuous monitoring of fault current
- Predictability of insulation faults
- More precise locating of insulation faults is possible with a multi-channel fault current monitoring device
- Quick location of leakage currents deteriorating the electricity quality
- More reliable electricity system by minimizing interruptions in power supply
- Monitoring of load currents of zero and identifying possible overload situations in advance is also possible
- Up to 2048 monitoring points can be supervised with one web browser display